Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Challenge: Pals Paper Arts


The Pals Paper Arts challenge this week is to emboss.   I pulled out my embossing folder and got to work.   I had an idea in my head that I had been wanting to do for a while, so I started working on it and found that my mental image was much prettier than the actual end product.   I scrapped the first card and tried again using pinks.   I've been in a mood for pinks lately, so I had hopes that I would be happier with my second attempt.   While I do like it better than the first, I'm a bit let down by it.    I wanted to post it anyway just so you know that you won't always love every card, nor will they always turn out perfect.    You can, however, keep working and improving on an idea and you will be a better result with time.   I'm going to keep this one rolling around in my head and try it one more time next month.   Stay tuned...


Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Confetti White
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder
Accessories: Old Olive satin ribbon, linen thread, retired button

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Rita! I think the "pinks" were the perfect color choice! I love the ribbon, button and linen thread! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this inspired by nature stamp ! Your button on the card is a great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super stunning! Love love love it and hope to remember to copy it when I get time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I am sometimes amazed at where I end up with a card compared to where I started
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, Rita; the colors are gorgeous and it is perfect for the Embedded/Inlaid Embossing technique! Hope you don't mind if I copy it this Spring. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I love this stamp set and how you've used it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful! We have been experimenting with this stamp and embossing also.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)