Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thumping? Huh?

Confused? No, it's not fall again, but I wanted to try out a fun technique and it works great with fall colors. It is called thumping and uses the awesome Stampin' Up! markers. You can see a closer shot of the thumped tree in the next picture.    I was inspired by Leonie's card that you can find here.  

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze
Paper: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Confetti White
Tools: Paper Snips (edges are great for distressing!), sponges
Accessories: Early Espresso satin ribbon



Here is a close-up of the thumped tree. Isn't it neat? 

You can find the technique here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/thumping/

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Rita! I love the colors. I will have to check out the thumping technique!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)