Friday, October 23, 2015

Mosaic Sunflower


I'm a few days late with my Freshly Made Sketches card, but I did finally finish it!  :)  Jen B designed such a great sketch that I had to play along.  With Laila and I both being sick, it took me all week to do my image panel.  lol   It is also for a Hope You Can Cling To mosaic challenge.

So about my panel... The HYCCT challenge was to Google mosaic and be inspired by an image you found.   I found a beautiful image by artist Sharon Cummings and my card evolved from that.  I looked on Pinterest for a free digital stamp of a flower and was led to the one I used which was done by artist Linda Tieu.  I printed it out, die cut it with a stitched rectangle die. and used a Copic multiliner to draw in the background of circles.  I then colored the entire image.   It was a lot of work, but I really love how it came together.  I might do some cards like this more often as I can sit and doodle in the living room or kitchen.   

Laila and Sadie have such a sibling relationship.   They fight, they annoy one another, and then they play together.   It is adorable, but the fighting makes us a bit crazy, especially when they steal each other's toys.  

4 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Rita! I absolutely love the background! That is amazing and I can't believe you drew and coloured that! It's just so unique! That flower is beautiful as well! Sounds like Laila and Sadie are bonding well! They will be the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is jaw droppingly good Rita. I would never in a million years have the patience to draw all those tiny circles, not to mention color them all in! You are quite the artist and I tip my hat to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in awe of your card--amazing mosaic! That is one darling picture--kiddos & puppy dogs always grab my heart!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)