Friday, October 30, 2015

A Triple Shot of Hope


I took the day off from stamping yesterday, but got back to it today!   I am so behind on the HYCCT challenges that I'm not sure I'll be able to finish them this year.  :(   Sad face.  I'm trying, but it seems a bit impossible.  Anyway...  One of the challenges was to use the backs of your photopolymer stamps to make a card.   I thought this set from Ellen Hutson would be fun.  I stamped off and stamped the back to make the background for my flowers and leaves and then reversed the stamps to the correct side and stamped that full strength.   It's a super simple card, but I think it makes a nice thinking of you card.


The next challenge I worked on was all about relationships.   I thought about who might be at the cancer center seeking treatment for breast cancer and how they might have their children their supporting them.   I think it would be nice for the children to have a card for their mom, so that's the relationship I focused on.   I used the sweet Bear Hugs set from Mama Elephant because the images and sentiment are just the best.

And finally, this challenge was to make an encouragement card.  I thought the sentiment was perfect for that.  I hope balloons work too.  They remind me of the movie Up.  

One of the churches near Laila's MDO does a little pumpkin patch fundraiser every year and we always go.   We hadn't been this year since she's been sick, but we managed to stop by yesterday on our way home from picking her up.   She had such a good time and picked out this funky gourd to bring home.  Her favorite part though?  The see-saw!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)