Thursday, October 1, 2015

Better Weather Days Ahead


Yay for October!  This is my favorite stamping month because of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoaststampers.   If you haven't heard about them, go over and check them out.   The first challenge is from Lydia and she asked us to make a card inspired by our least favorite weather.  Living in Texas, I hate being hot.  The sun is not my friend at all and neither is the humidity!   I thought I'd use my Lawn Fawn dies and make a card that would be useful for someone going through a tough time.   The layout is based on the current sketch at The Paper Players.
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Hello Sunshine
Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Tools/Embellishments:  My Favorite Things Blueprints 20, Lawn Fawn Spring Showers dies, Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles dies, Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry Baker's Twine, Stampin' Up! Neutrals Buttons

We were so excited to find that we had caterpillars in our butterfly garden!!   They will be Monarch butterflies, so that's even more exciting.  It is so fun to just watch them eat and crawl.   

5 comments:

  1. Rita, this is just fabulous! I live in GA and can relate to the humidity, but I must admit, I do love summer! LOL! I love the sentiment! It is so inspiring and will brighten someones day! You made my sketch shine! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Love the caterpillar! Hope to see a butterfly picture! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so AWESOME I love the layers...so crisp and clean. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Rita! A great way to snark out that hot hot sunshine, LOL! Love your caterpillars too...how exciting! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yepper ... no hot for me either ... love your colors and fabulous card design.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)