Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lesley!


Happy Birthday, Lesley!    I feel so honored to be a part of this awesome blog hop celebrating the birthday of such a sweet lady.   I love your positive attitude and of course your amazing stampin' skills.   You always find some kind words to say about even the worst of my projects and for that, I absolutely adore you.  :)   I hope you have a wonderful day!    

For my card, I wanted something cheery and fun because that's what birthdays should be!  I used the inspiration picture from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge to come up with my colors and I love them together!   Be sure to hop on over to the rest of the blogs to see more fun birthday ideas and of course go by Lesley's blog and wish her a very happy birthday.   

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy, Delicate Doilies
Ink:   Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, In Color Hostess Stack (retired)
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, homemade shimmer mist
Tools:  Scallop Trim border punch

Here's the list of blog hop participants:
Ann Marie Hile:  Stampin' Anne
Carrie Gaskin:  Artistic Avenger
Cindy Beach:  Stamps, Paper, and Ink
Jaydee:  Stampin! with Jaydee
Jen Mitchell:  I Create
Joan Jeffery:  J J Creations
Lauri Ingram:  Paperville
Laurie:  Hiding in my Craft Room
LeAnne Pugliese:  wee inklings
Nance Leedy:  Canopy Crafts
Cards by Rita:   You are here!  
Sandra Azzopardi:  Sandra's Stamping Spot
Tui Nathan:  Stampin' Time

19 comments:

  1. How pretty and what a great color combination!! A beautiful card for Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Rita! The colour combination is fantastic and I love the touch of bling in the middle of the doilies. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, nice color combo and homemade shimmer mist, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rita, love the stamping and I love the colour combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright bold colors! Great style and flair~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - Bright, Bold and Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, fabulous use of the doilies. Love that you backed it with the polka dot paper. Lesley is sure to love this fabulous bright and happy card.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of those non-touching doilies! Lesley will love that you used Poppy Parade! Gorgeous mix of colors--perfectly bright and happy! Thank you so much for making this a hopping good time for all--glad you could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. This is so striking and the colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Rita! This card is gorgeous! I LOVE the colours and the bold design! Thank you so much for being a part of this special hop! This has just blown me away and I am SO beyond shocked that you gals did this for me!
    Thank you!!!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! I love these colors! So bright and cheery! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, I love those pretty doilies...all staying on their own side of the card stock and NOT touching! Heehee! I LOVE everything about this one...from the fabby colors to the bold design! WOWZA! Yup, you rocked it again! I need to ink this set up more often. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card reminds me of a spirograph! I used to love playing with that as a kid creating all kinds of things! Thanks for the trip down memoroy lane! And I second your comment about Lesley always having something nice to say, even when I create something horrible. That's a true gift! Anyway, this is one of those stamp sets that I completely overlooked in the catalog and now that I've seen your gorgeous creation, it's going straigt onto my wish list. Thanks for enabling me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really gorgeous card - I do like the pretty doilies and the fab papers! The colours are so bold and bright - love it! Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. VERY PRETTY!!! Love the layout you created...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those new SU doilies look so pretty in our challenge colors! It's a beautiful tribute to Lesley. So glad you came to play with us at THe Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is GORGEOUS! Love the design and those doily stamps are fab! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FANTASTIC! LOVE your play on circles with all your polka dots and those fabulous, doily stamps! Simply stunning! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo fabulous!! What a fantastic use of the colors!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)