Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Labor of Love



For my last month as a designer on the Splitcoast Creative Crew, I decided to really go all out.   I had bookmarked this really awesome shadow box by Nancy Riley ages ago, but never thought I'd have the patience or skill to make one of my own.   Well...one day I was at the craft store browsing the frames and I saw this one.  It was on sale for around $3.50, so I figured if I got it and couldn't do it, no real harm.  :)    The challenge was to use 3 colors from the Pocketful of Posies paper, so I picked Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, and So Saffron.   It took a big of figuring out, but I sat down and sketched out ideas for each of my squares and then went to work.   By the end, I was having so much fun that I hated to see it complete.   So...I now have another frame, a larger frame, in my room waiting.  :)

Thanks for stopping by to visit!  

6 comments:

  1. Rita, I love this shadow box! So many great details and the color combo is soooo pretty. You know, I have always wanted to give one of these a go. Thanks for the inspiration. Now if we only lived closer so you could help me make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so beautiful Rita!! Love the colours you've used!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I wanna try! Love this idea, it will look so cute on your wall. Thanks for the inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a masterpiece! You did a fabulous job! I would love to try this. Now I need to be on a quest to find a frame. Your work is always so inspirational! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous! Can't believe all of the work you did! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)