Sunday, August 14, 2011

Creative Crew Open Sea


Here's the last of my July Creative Crew projects.   I LOVE this stamp set!    I can't believe it will be gone in just a little over 2 weeks.   I hope you have added it to your collection by now; if not, what are you waiting for?   It's THE perfect masculine set and you can buy the equally perfect designer paper to match!   Shoot, you can even buy 3 packs of it and get another one free right now!    What? You don't hoard designer paper?  Really?   Hmm...  Me either.  :o)  

This set uses my absolute favorite color, Island Indigo with two neutrals, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake.    (Doesn't a coffee with some crumb cake sound delish?  We've been following the South Beach Diet for about 2.5 weeks now and I am very sugar deprived.)   Anyway...   I embossed the compass stamp with white embossing powder on watercolor paper and then used my Aquapainter and stamp pad to color the rest of the paper before stamping the ship and travel log in Early Espresso.  While I was at it, I added some personality to my Island Indigo layer by stamping the other images from the set on it.   Isn't it just screaming MAN?  Thankfully it doesn't smell like one!

Stamps:  The Open Sea
Ink:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, watercolor paper, Nautical Expedition designer paper
Accessories:  white embossing powder
Tools:  Aquapainter, heat tool

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rita. I love the colours you've used together on this card. A real shame this set is retiring isn't it? I've loved every card you've made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your blog but I think th at you may wrong as I just checked my new catalogue and the open sea stamp is still in, in Australia. Maybe yours is different but I did think that they were the same only your products are much cheaper than ours for some strange reason

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)