Monday, August 1, 2011

Pay Attention to Deadlines


Ugh!   I spent so much time trying to figure out a way to use the colourQ colors together yesterday and totally didn't realize that I was going to miss the window to actually submit my card for the challenge.  Oh well.  I still used Calypso Coral and for that I feel accomplished.   I do get to submit it for my favorite challenge, The Paper Players!    This awesome sketch was done by Nance, who is a such a sweetheart!  We seem to share a love of woodgrain and pinwheels, so I enjoy chatting with her on email.    But back to the card...what do you think?   Did I manage to get the right proportions of the colors?   You probably can't see it very well in the picture, but the Pool Party layer is stamped in Delicate Doilies and embossed in Iridescent Ice.  It is so shiny and pretty in person.   I also used some homemade shimmer mist on the image panel as well.

Now I'll share a little secret with you...  I love Delicate Doilies, but I don't like for them to touch each other.   I have seen lots of pretty cards where people overlap them and they look great, but I can't do it.  It stresses me out.  I even tried it on this card and had to start over.   For the record, I don't like my food to touch either.  :)

Stamps:  Delicate Doilies
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Versamark
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Accessories:  Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Early Espresso 3/8 taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Shimmer Mist
Tools:  Heat tool, Jewelry Tag punch

11 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! I like my food separate as well! This is a great card, awesome colours, you really nailed the sketch too!
    Hugs.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny!!! Great job on the colors and love how you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you do is so pretty and this is no exception! Love those II doilies! I think you nailed this challenge very well! Thanks for participating this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that ALL THE TIME!!! Great card and you used one of my new favorite stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun...lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita
    ah... so often I have played with a challenge, finally gotten it right - and missed the deadline! I'm OK with food touching, but don't like the doilies touching !
    I love this card. It was a really great interpretation of the sketch. The bow with the jewelery tag was the perfect finishing touch.
    So glad you shared this fabulous creation with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, your post made me smile. I miss the deadline often for challenges. I especially like it when I miss it by a really short period of time...like 30 minutes...yup, done that! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love how you used the doilies...I am struggling with that set for the ExACT same reason you mentioned. I don't like my food touching either...how funny we share the same quirk. Even though it is going to the same place...it has to stay on it's own side of that plate. LOL! You did a fantastic job with this one. Those doilies are perfectly spaced. Thank you for the inspiration, too!

    So happy you joined the Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, you crack me up Rita! You're right--woodgrain & pinwheels make our world go 'round don't they? My food can touch but you nailed it on the head with the whole doily touching thing. I struggle with that style more times than I care to count! Circle Circus is another one that throws me even tho I love the images!! You've come up with a fantastic solution--they don't need to touch! FABULOUS use of this set and those colors. Love the stamped background too! I'm going to leave some room for other comments now :-) Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow .... super gorgeous take on Nance's sketch this week ... I loove what you have done with the doilys they look fabulous!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Rita! The doilies are perfectly spaced! As for food touching, this reminds me of one of my all-time favorite shows, Monk! He didn't like his food to touch and I know he would not have liked his doilies to touch, either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny, Rita! I love what you have done with the doilies and you're right....I couldn't let them touch either :) Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)