Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finally...


I inked up one of the stamp sets we received at Convention today.  :)   Yay!  I figured I should try to use them all before my new stuff gets here.  

I jokingly told a friend the other night that combining a sketch challenge and a color challenge created 95% of the card for you.   This card made me eat those words a bit.  I used the colors from the colourQ challenge and paired them with the weekly sketch challenge on Splitcoast. I took me a bit to figure out where to use each color and what elements to add in, but I finally managed to get something that I liked.   What do you think?   I am not the best at coloring, so I'm trying to work on it a bit.  Just like I don't like things touching, I also don't like my coloring to go outside of the lines.   That makes watercoloring difficult, but I'm trying...  

Stamps:  Easy Events
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, Staz On
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Bright brads
Tools:  Big Shot, various embossing folders, scallop circle punch, circle punch, scallop trim border punch, aquapainter

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Rita. The embossing is very nice. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Rita. The embossing works so well, brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture and the pearls! Very pretty, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Rita. It is so pretty. I like how the EF even though they are so different totally blend together in such a nice balanced way. You did good girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job combining these challenges! I love all of the different embossed textures. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)