Thursday, August 11, 2011

Creative Sketches meets Connie & Mary


Please tell me I'm not the only messy crafter out there.   I didn't straighten up after my dinosaur card yesterday, so this was what I found when I went in my room to create today.   Oh my!   It's no surprise that I lose things a lot.   :)

Enough of my messy desk...what do you think about my card?   I combined the colors from the Creative Sketches challenge with the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary and here's what I came up with.   I love these clean and simple cards.   I used to be offended when someone called my card simple (well, I still am sometimes), but I'm learning to deal with it.  :)   It's probably fairly simple to recreate, but the concept and design part is not so simple.

I'm still not a big fan of Raining Flowers, but I have come to love the shape of the big flower.   I just stamp it, cut it out, and use the reverse side.  :)    Now I have fallen in love with Poppy Parade.  It was not a color that I was drawn to at first, but after buying the markers and a pack of the assorted card stock, I think I'm going to have to invest in the ink pad and full pack of it.  Now Peach Parfait is a whole other story...   :)  

I do need to buy some neutrals buttons; I had to pull a retired one out of my stash and it isn't nearly as pretty as the current ones.  

Stamps:  Tiny Tags, Raining Flowers, En Francais
Ink: Basic Black, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Neutrals DSP stack, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Basic Gray 3/8 taffeta ribbon (retired), Basic Black button (retired), White Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Houndstooth embossing folder, jewelry tag punch, Blossom Petals punch

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!
Come again soon,
~Rita

16 comments:

  1. I really like this card! I like that contrast with the black and poppy.
    And you are not the only messy stamper out there! I have a similar picture on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks like mine! LOL! LOVE this clean card! Nothing simple about it! You have used my favourite colour combo too...must check that out!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute...is that my desk? Oh no, it's *yours*--good to know someone else is just as messy as I am! Love this Rita! Bold, beautiful colors and the flower is gorgeous. Simply elegant! So glad you could join us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors... an after six card. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I had to do a double-take, as I thought you somehow snuck into my craft room and snapped a photo of my desk in it's present state. Lol!! You are not alone! Your card is GORGEOUS! So rich and elegant! Love the color combo. The Poppy just POPS! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like my work desk too!! Beautiful job!! Thanks for making a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the read against the black! It is so elegant! And the little tags hanging from the center are just the perfect touch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow were you in my craft room taking pictures?? Amazing what a beautiful result comes out of that pile! Love your card - Poppy Parade looks great with black and gray~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card and those colors work so perfectly together. Love how you stamped on the flower. Thanks for creating with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours and the layout of this card. The flower is great too! I look forward to following and seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I love your colour choices and your take on the layout. Thanks for playing along at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! love how you've used the reverse of that flower image and created something new. Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've heard the saying, "A messy desk is a sign of a creative mind!" That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Lovely card...I actually find "clean and simple" to be harder to create, so think of it as a compliment! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card! Very class in the red/black. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fabulous colors on this! I HATE to admit this but your desk is CLEAN compared to mine! That is not good! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors on this card. Putting the Poppy Parade on top of the Basic Gray makes the flower pop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)