Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monkeys for The Paper Players


I needed more cards for kids, so I decided to pull out one of my favorite sets, Fox & Friends, and use it with this week's sketch from The Paper Players.   I added in a few things from my recent order and I think the old and new really worked great together on this card.   The Stripes embossing folder is great for just about any type of card and look at that super fun sentiment!  Isn't that the coolest font?  I love it!   

I also added in a special element, the number.   What's so special about a number you ask?   Well, that number symbolizes what I love about Stampin' Up! and being a demonstrator.    As some of you know, I was on the Creative Crew design team on Splitcoast Stampers during much of the summer.   I had the honor of working with some great ladies, but one of them became so much more.   Kathy from Stamping Still is now one of my great friends and I enjoy our emails so much.   She's all the way over in Australia, but that doesn't matter thanks to technology.   She has created some adorable cards that have the addition of numbers on them and I had once commented that I loved that special touch.   Unfortunately, I didn't have the dies needed to do that on my cards.   Well, one day I open my mailbox and guess what was in there?   A whole bag of numbers that she had cut for me and one of her beautiful cards!   I cried of course.   :)   That's why I love being a demonstrator.  It's not just about selling stamping supplies, it's all about the bonds of friendship.  


Now before I leave you, I'll share a picture from last night.   Someone totally took over my spot on the couch.     :)   He's such a silly boy!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Rita, now you've made me cry too!!!
    I'm so glad you have used my little gift, its a very cute card.
    You have given me a bigger gift though ....
    I feel truly blessed to have you as my friend!!!!!
    Big Hugs :)
    Love
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and sweet story! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card with the monkeys, and such a nice gift for you! Hope you got your spot back on the couch! I lose mine to my dog all the time! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crisp look of your card with the colors you used and the striped EF. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Rita what an adorable card. I love the colors you used. Reminds me of the hear no evil, see no evil etc. rhyme. My grandsons would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is this, and how sweet of your friend to RAK you with some numbers! I love the colors you used and that sentiment looks GREAT! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story, Rita! It is so awesome to meet so many wonderful people through the love of stamping. :) Your card is adorable, too. Although, I have to say that monkey cards are always a hit, in my book.Especially THAT particular monkey. I love how he has "thrown his little hands in the air and is wavin' them like he just don't care". Hee hee! Thanks so much for joining us the week at the Paper Players. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card :-) This stamp set is still on my wish list. I need to stop wishing already and just get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rita! This is adorable and I think Kathy is a lovely lady too!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Rita you've really captured the sketch in this card. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, your furbaby certainly knows how to get comfortable ... its amazing how they do that! Love your card and the striped background. The three monkeys with the number are just perfect. Someone will love this card!
    thanks for joining the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)