Wednesday, November 16, 2011

FMS11: The Open Sea

Wow! Where has this week gone already?   I can't believe it is already Wednesday!    You do know that that means though!   Time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   My awesome friend Linda designed the sketch for this week.   Isn't it a cool one?   So many possibilities!   I pulled out one of my favorite sets, The Open Sea, because I just knew it would be PERFECT for this layout!  
See what I mean?  PERFECT!   Now this stamp set is still available, but if you missed out on the gorgeous matching paper, you can only find it on My Digital Studio.   I'm a bit sad about that as I love them together and should have bought an extra pack or four.   :)   You will be seeing some retired stamps and paper on here for a bit as I'm trying to be a good girl and use up some things.  I reorganized my room and found lots of goodies that need some love!  

I hope you'll go check out the rest of the samples from the design team and start thinking up some ideas for your own card!

Stamps:  The Open Sea
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Nautical Expedition (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Regals buttons, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rita, I love it!!
    You know that you are evil though don't you? :)
    I don't think you used this set because it was perfect for the sketch at all, I think it was just to make me buy it!!!
    Evil genius at work, I'd say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, this is one of my most favorite sets and I loved how you used it, and the DSP, here! Gorgeous! I love that DSP also and have been hoarding it, I dont want to use it all up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This DSP is gorgeous - and you are right - perfect with this stamp set! The pop of Cherry Cobbler (my favorite color) is wonderful! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your card is Perfect!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Rita!! I know what you mean about the DSP....this is gorgeous set !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely Love this card! I always struggle with masculine cards. This one is perfection! Lucky for me I still have some of this DP. Looking forward to CASEing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right Rita. This sketch is perfect for that stamp set. And the DSP is gorgeous. It looks fabulous with that bit of Cherry Cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Rita! Love the stamping around the ship. The week did go fast!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I agree too Rita ... that ship is just perfect, and I soo love that DSP and cherry cobbler together ... fabulous work, you pulled this off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love the colour combo and yes this stamp is perfect for this sketch :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and how you used the different stamps for your focal panel. You rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, you're right! This is the perfect sketch for The Open Sea. I don't think I've ever seen it used quite this well. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome, Rita! Truly the perfect set and paper for this sketch! Just use it up quicky....that new mini will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a stunning manly card! This is a great stamp, love your wee bit of twine in your button!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your colour combo. Very nautical! x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)