Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude


After a pretty crappy day yesterday, I decided to go play in my stamp room a bit before I went to bed.   Making a card is the perfect cure for the blahs!   I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges, so I decided to combine the Pals Paper Arts color challenge to use River Rock, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso with the Friday Mashup challenge to make a Thank You or Gratitude card.

Now I make a lot of cards and I like some of them, LOVE others, and hide a few too.   This card is one that I LOVE and I'm amazed at how well it turned out!   I have been trying to use some stamp sets that have collected a bit of dust, so that's where I got the Vintage Vogue inspiration.  I wasn't sure about brown flowers, but I am in love with them!   I think this card will go in my "I'm keeping it forever" stash.  :)    Now it is an overcast day here in Texas, so my photo truly doesn't do this one justice.  I tried different locations and different lighting, but it just wasn't happening today.   I really need to get that light tent ordered!

Happy Sunday!

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Petite Pairs, En Francais
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, River Rock
Paper:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Tools:  Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2 die, circle punches, paper snips, Basics glimmer brads, Early Espresso satin ribbon (retired)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Rita! Love how you used the colors! You have used all of my favorite sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Vintage Vogue is one of my favorite sets and I love how you used it. And that color combo? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It *should* go in your forever stash...it's GORGEOUS!!! Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rita! I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Rita! Oh so classy! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita, Fabulous card, love the monochromatic effect using those colours.

    I know what you mean about some cards being ho hum and others being hidden and the ones you really don't want to part with!

    Thanks for sharing your project in our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and the layout, Rita! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brown flowers in Texas is pretty appropriate this year, don't you think?? It matches all of the brown trees! ;) You must be in my neck of the woods judging from your phone prefix. I'm in Spring.
    Thanks for sharing your project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this set and need to dust it off a bit, too! I will have to CASE your card because every thing about it is very beautiful! The colors, the layouts, the details... Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! VV is my favourite set of all time and I love it in these colours. You've done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Rita - This IS gorgeous! So elegant and beautifully put together! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a wow! I love everything Espresso so if if ever has to leave your "keep it forever" pile, it would find a loving home here! :-) Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, this is a wow card, for sure! I love it, too! Love the layered flowers and that super elegant color combo. I think your photo looks great, too. I have a light box and never seem to use it because I can't figure out how to get a good shot with it...that and every time I set it up, the cat climbs in it. Gah! Beautiful card! I hope you beat the blahs today, my friend! Hugs sent your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita- I agree with all of the other comments- lovely card! The brown flowers are fabulous and love all of your other details. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Rita. I love it! Love the vintage flowers with the bling and love the background and bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant card. I love the colors you used, they go so wonderfully together on this card.

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love! This card is AWESOME, Rita! Love the sets you combined, the muted colors, placement...everything.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Such a warm monochromatic scheme...with a luscious bow! (I love bows!) Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this color combo!!! This is gorgeous... You make such great cards.. I love the layout with those flowers.. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)