Friday, November 25, 2011

FM34: Chocolate Christmas


Here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project featuring "A Christmas Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors "Aqua, Chocolate and White".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas themed project using the colors Aqua, Chocolate and White".

First, I apologize for the late post today!   For some reason, my scheduled post disappeared!   I can't find it anywhere on Blogger, so I have no idea what happened.   Hopefully I didn't create it on the wrong blog or it end up double-posting on this one.   Very weird!  

Anyway, the challenge for The Friday Mashup is a fun one this week!    I love any excuse to pull out my Holiday Happiness set and I thought it would be perfect for this challenge.   I don't know why I love this set so much.  Maybe it reminds me of the infamous Charlie Brown Christmas tree?  :o)    To give a bit more interest to my card, I added some bling in the form of Dazzling Diamonds and Basic Rhinestones.  

I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving!   We had a great day full of good food and good friends.   I'll try to post a few pictures later this weekend.   If you are out in the Black Friday madness, stay safe!   I'm heading back to bed with my kitties for a bit more sleep!   

13 comments:

  1. This is so striking Rita. I love it! It has a simple elegance to it. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rita! I love this set and really need to get it. The extra touches of bling you added are just right and I love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this!!! I love that tree, but I never bought it. This looks really classic! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Love the added shimmer and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, so simple yet oh so elegant.
    Lovely inspiration card.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Rita! love the sparkle you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge, Rita. I adore those colors and that little tree is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This. Makes. Me. HAPPY!! Love the fun color combo and al of the fun detail. I have this set and have never inked up the tree. But you have totally inspired me with this fa-la-la-la-fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful card Rita, this tree is darling. Love the texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp set! It is on my blog post today too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card! Love the pretty colors, the aqua and the brown. Such a nice combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally thought Charlie Brown tree when I first saw this in the Catalog.. It was a must have I love it! I really like how you did the ornaments.. This is a great color combo for a tree card too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this card rocks Rita! It is the perfect blend of colours and clean lines! You did me proud with this challenge!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)