Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FMS10: Snow Much Plaid


It's Wednesday, so you know what that means!  A new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Now this is a special sketch because it is MINE!    :)   Lesley turned us loose and let us design some for the blog.   Scary, huh?   I actually loved making up a few and I hope you'll enjoy playing along with us!


The fun thing about sketch challenges?   Flipping them and interpreting them for your idea of course!  :)   I had this stamp set and paper on my desk when I started thinking about my card and if you own it, you know it is hard to say no to that adorable snowman.  He wanted to be on my card and I was helpless to say no.   He also wanted to sparkle like Edward, but as always it just doesn't show up in the picture.   I guess I was in one of those layering moods when I made this one.   I do love me some layers...just not the cost to mail them!    Definitely a clean card, but not too simple with all the layering.   I hope you like!   I also hope you like my sketch and will come play along!  :)

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun
Ink:  Staz On Black, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Paper:   Frostwood Lodge designer paper, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, blender pen, Dazzling Details

13 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about that snowman wanting to be on your card. He's made it to a few of mine this year too!

    Great card and coloring! And thanks for the great sketch. I can't wait to play with it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch - adorable card! That snowman is such a cutie! And that DSP is the perfect winter background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that snowman, Rita! He is cute (so why don't I have him??? lol) Love your layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite an awesome sketch you've cooked up for us this week Rita! So many possibilities. And I love when the creator flips the sketch! I also have a hard time saying no to that little snowman. I'm pretty sure he and his pal will feature prominently on my Christmas cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Rita! Love the shadowing on the snowman and how you flipped the sketch. The more layers, the better but I do hear you in the increased mailing costs. :) Thanks for a great sketch, I have ideas brimming for other ways to use it already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well let me tell you what is snow much fun...THIS sweet card! Whoo hoo, Rita! I love your sketch this week and can't wait to play along. The fact that you added some sparkle "Twilight-style" gives this little guy oodles of added charm, too. 7 days left until the movie...awww, yeah! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Rita, I love this image. Fantastic sketch, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sketch is awesome this week Rita! Your card is adorable, I keep eyeing up that set! Love the layers and love it when Edward sparkles too...
    Hugs,
    LC2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card Rita ... this snowman image is growing on me more and more! I love the colours and the papers you have used too!
    Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, your comment about Edward and the sparkle totally made me smile. I love me some Edward :0)

    I also love plaid and snowmen so I instantly fell in love with your card! Wonderful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your snowman Rita! You always colour him so well. It's a wonderful sketch too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how you flipped your own sketch! and your sweet little snowman definitely sparkles but he's not nearly as cute at Edward! (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...this is over-the-top cute! Fabulous, as always, Rita!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)