Sunday, November 27, 2011

Elegant Elizabeth

Here's another card we made at my last class.   I thought it would be work for different occasions, including a wedding or birthday.  (and yeah, black and white cards NEVER photograph well...sorry!)   I love the Elizabeth stamp; it is so elegant and I think all the sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes will fit in the oval.   We embossed it with black embossing powder and added some spritzing before matting it on a torn piece of First Edition designer paper.   Some pearls and black satin ribbon were the perfect embellishments to finish it off.

I apologize for my lack of posts recently.  I haven't been feeling that great due to the weather changes.   Every front that blows in seems to bring along whatever it is I'm allergic to.   The constant sinus headaches have just worn me out.   I hope that's what is wrong with my creativity; I haven't made a card that I truly love in a while now and it is a bit depressing.   Do you go through that?   I keep hoping for a break from exhaustion and headaches along with the return of my mojo.   I should get some new Valentine's Day stamps in this week, so maybe they will be the thing I need to get back on track.

Have a wonderful week!   Don't forget the Online Extravaganza is still going until the 30th.   There are some great stamp sets on sale for 50% off and a nice bundle of heart/love stamps/wheel that would be perfect for getting a head start on your Valentine's projects.

3 comments:

  1. Rita! This is such a classy card!!! I have that stamp and never know what to do with it! I really hope you feel better...never apologize for lack of posts...and we ALL go through those ups and downs (for some of us more creative downs than ups!) new stuff...always gets me going; needless to say my wish list for the new mini is WAY TOO LONG....feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, my friend...I know what you are going through with this crazy Texas weather. I'm sorry you have been feeling yucky lately. Sometimes some rest and a little creative hiatus are much needed for mojo. NOT that you need any, your work is always fantastic! Love this card...so elegant, especially with the pop of newsprint. Benny sends you big hugs...and so do I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant card Rita! I love the torn First Edition paper peeking out. I know what you mean about feeling like you've lost your creativity. I think we all go through that, although I'm sure the cure is different for all of us. Your cards are always very inspiring to me. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)