Sunday, November 13, 2011

colourQ 110: CAS Leaf


Aren't these colors lovely?    I have to say, those cookies made me a bit hungry too!   For my colourQ card this week I decided to go clean-and-simple.   When you look at it, you're probably going to think it took minutes to make.   I wish!   For me, the simple cards are the most difficult!   Every detail of this type of card must be perfect and the spacing must be exact in order for the card to look right.   I think I had to redo this one a few times before I got it where I liked it.  


I have to say, I do love how it turned out.   For the background behind the leaf, I used  Pool Party ink and one of my clear blocks and the A to Z background stamp (stamped off once).   It gives a nice, but subtle frame for my gorgeous leaf.   The leaf is inked with Peach Parfait and then rock-n-rolled in Cajun Craze (the closest color I had to Dusty Durango).   I did this twice and cut them both out and layered them for a bit of dimension and interest.   The sentiment is inked with Soft Suede.  I hope you like it and will try your own CAS card soon!  

Stamps:  A to Z, Gently Falling, Thank You Kindly
Ink:  Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Paper:  Naturals White, Soft Suede, Pool Party
Tools/Accessories:  clear block, paper snips, stamp-a-ma-jig

12 comments:

  1. Rita! This is fantastic! I really like the clear bock stamped background. I really need to try that technique. THe popped up leaf adds so much to the card, too. I'm chuckling because every time I read Dusty Durango, it always reminds me of an actor in a really bad Western movie...LOL!! Just me? Ok, moving on.. Heehee!

    Have a great Sunday! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Rita! Love how you used your text. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby card. Love your popped up leaf and doesn't it suit the colours perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh....this makes my CAS heart go pitter-patter! LOVE it!! You done good, girl!!! Thanks for playing with us at CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! The layout/design is fabulous, and so is your use of this week's colours. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous CAS card, Rita! You do such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita- this card is pure perfection! Love it! Congrats on being a ColourQ Courtier this week you deserve it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is SO pretty Rita! I love the use of Pool Party, I wouldnt have thought of that! That leaf is just gorgeous!

    Thank you for the kind comment on my Freshly Made card :) And yep, 7*
    Tomorrow we're supposed to have a wind chill of -35 because we have some winds moving in! Time to plug my vehicles in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)