Sunday, November 20, 2011

PP 73: Silver Tree


I have the privilege of substituting over at The Paper Players challenge this week!    I love these ladies, so it is always a thrill when I open up my email and see that I get to play along.   Jaydee has a gorgeous color challenge for everyone this week.   I think this is one of my favorite combinations for elegant Christmas cards. There's just something about blue and silver that I love!  


I decided to show another one of my older, but still current stamps a little love for this one.   Season of Joy was one of the very first sets I ever purchased and I still adore it.   I did have to pull out some retired ribbon as I didn't have any current Night of Navy ribbon.   I love the 1 1/4 striped ribbon and think it looks great used as a divider like this.  I'm definitely using this layout again for more cards!    The sentiment is from another current stamp set, Contempo Christmas.  

I hope you enjoyed my card for today.  Hop over to the Paper Players to see what all the other designers came up with using these gorgeous colors.   I know this week will be a busy one with the holiday, but maybe you can find a bit of time to escape to your crafty space and play along.   

Stamps:  Season of Joy, Contempo Christmas
Ink:  Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Brushed Silver, Shimmery White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Snow Burst embossing folder, Regals buttons, Night of Navy 1 1/4 striped ribbon, white baker's twine, Silver embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, basic rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. With the way you have used the ribbon this looks like you have just pulled back the drape to reveal a beautiful Christmas tree! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you used the ribbon on your card! It looks gorgeous alongside that stamp and the embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I wondered where that sentiment was from....I love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Rita! I love the wide striped ribbon! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I love how you created a fabulous card in three parts! The texture of the embossing folder, with that gorgeous ribbon and then the simply stunning silver embossed tree. GORGEOUS.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Rita this is gorgeous! I love the layout with my favorite ribbon and the brushed silver accents. The tree is gorgeous embossed in silver and your sentiment is PERFECTLY placed! Gorgeous card...so happy to stamp with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and colours Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card really shows off Christmas with all the trimmings, my friend! Beautiful embossing, fun ribbon treatment and that bitty spot of sparkly goodness...SO pretty and elegant. I don't have that tree set but you are making me want it...Rita, you are so bad for my wallet! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, I love this CAS card and the perfect little tree from that set. The ribbon treatment and embossing are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So love the way you gathered the ribbon in the center with the button!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)