Friday, November 11, 2011

Cookin' with the Players


Anne Marie has a fun recipe challenge this week at the Paper Players.   It definitely requires some thinking, but that's why we call it a challenge!    Now I've been prepping all day for my class tonight, so my brain is tired!   I also had everything all set up, so I was limited in both brain power AND supplies for this one.  I pulled together what was left in my craft room and here's the result:


I did cheat a bit and use the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I couldn't figure out how to get the mix of designer papers to work any other way!   I told you my brain was tired!   I got a new color of card stock in my order last night, Pink Pirouette, so I had to make something with it.  It wouldn't be an Anne Marie challenge without pink.  :)     I love pink with black, but I thought it would also look good with the black and gray mix.   For my ribbon I used some black satin to make a little flag and some gray taffeta my flower accents.  My glitter is on the silver glitter paper AND the glimmer brad; I love sparkle!   The punch comes from the circle punch used for my flower center.  So...I think that's it!   

You still have a little time to go cook up your own card, so go get busy!  

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Rita! Love the soft colors you used and I think you rocked the challenge! I'm still stewing over what to use for AM's tough recipe. I better get going on my card if I'm going to enter before time runs out and I have to pack my knives... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card Rita. I love the colours too! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Rita! Every "ingredient" of the recipe is perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Rita! I haven't used this die in forever and I now have the urge to pull it out ;) Great color combo and I love the hint of glitter in the center. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, this is gorgeous! You really know how to rock the fun flowers die! I love the ribbon peeking out from behind the flower and the color palette is so elegant! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rita! Love the neutral colours and the flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this classy, elegant card--the color combo is just beautiful, and I love your glitter touches! So glad you could play---and of course, I love your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, you card is so sophisticated and an awesome way to take on the recipe challenge. Glimmer Brad layered on Glimmer Paper...all I am going to say is YEE HAW!! That's Texan for "You rocked it, girl!" Crisp, clean and stylish. SO glad you were able to play along with my challenge this week, especially with the busy week you have had. (hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, I love this card. I can't decide if it is modern or elegant or sophisticated so I must grant that it is all of the above. I love this color combination and that soft flower is to die for. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, Rita. And you must be like me and have tons in your supplies if this is what was "left" in your craft room - I love your crimped flower and that center ROCKS with the glimmer paper and brad. I'm going to have to use that idea if you don't mind. I always feel that the centres of my flowers suck. I also love how you placed the taffeta ribbon behind the flower. Gorgeous all around!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)