Friday, November 4, 2011

colourQ 109: BFF


I didn't think I was going to get anything made for this week's colourQ challenge, so this post is a bit of a miracle.  :)   I worked on ideas for hours yesterday and couldn't get them in the right combination to look right.  I LOVE anything with a retro feel, so I was very disappointed in myself.    I failed miserably at the challenge AND the new recipe I tried turned out horrible and had to be thrown out.  

This morning I woke up determined to have a better day and headed off to my room to make something for the challenge...successfully this time!    I put aside everything I had tried yesterday and started fresh.   I grabbed a stamp set I hadn't used yet and started putting together different ideas until I finally felt like I had something I could actually post!   (I also made pumpkin bread today to make up for yesterday's recipe disaster.  I hope my club ladies will like it tonight.)


Now of course I made something that was difficult to photograph!   :)   I finally used the Best Friends Forever stamp set that we received at Convention back in July.   It is not once that I would have normally purchases, but since I had it, I thought I'd try inking it up.   I also had to add some Fun Flowers from my favorite die.  I hope you enjoyed my card and will give the colors a chance to work for you!

Stamps:  Best Friends Forever
Ink:  Soft Suede, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, Stripes embossing folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Brights buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Pumpkin Pie satin ribbon (retired)

6 comments:

  1. I like this card so much I'm commenting on it here and at SCS! LOL! I failed yesterday too. Tried a new main dish AND side dish last night and was not impressed with either!!!! So then I ate a ton of random crap, lol...oh well. And I wouldn't have gotten that set either on my own but I have used it since convention and do actually like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Rita! Well, I for one am SO glad you went back for a second chance, this card really caught my eye with that dimensional flower and the delicate images stamped in the bold colors. I think your photographs look great & I LOVE that saucy orange bow! Bet your pumpkin bread was a success, too! ;) Have a great weekend & thanks for playing at colourQ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Rita! such a fun blossom. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I fond you from SCS. You have a brave way of combining colors and accessories that is amazine! Thanks for the inspiration. Kit Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joyfull card, the colors are very pretty together. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set WAS on my list of "things to buy" and sadly, I haven't used it enough! I love what you did with these challenging colors and glad you didn't give up! I think I need to go make some pumpkin bread too! :D Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)