Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FMS9: Cherry Leaves


It's Freshly Made Sketches day!   Tui designed this fun sketch for us this week; isn't it cool?    Because it is a new month, we also have 2 new featured designers so be sure to stop by and say hello to Lauri and Christy.   


My take on the sketch uses my favorite new stamp set, Gently Falling and one of my favorite new color combinations.   Cherry Cobbler is so fantastic and by using it with neutrals, it really shines!   My friend Ann inspired me to try using vellum to soften the background of my card.   I love the look of it on this one and will definitely be adding it to more cards in the future.   

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Paper:  vellum, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Tools/Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, neutrals (or antique) brads, Cherry Cobbler seam binding

16 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Rita! I love the vellum look and it is perfect with the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I have to try using vellum - gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita this is so pretty and what a gorgeous effect! Vellum is a great media...but I rarely use it! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, this is stunning! Love the use of vellum, how you used the embossing folder and that bow is to die for! Gorgeous. This is a CASE'ing card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Rita! Beautiful bow...beautiful colors! I'm glad you tried the vellum technique! Thanks for the sweet shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, this is stunning. I love the pop of cherry cobbler with the neutrals and that vellum layer really adds a whole new dimension to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy! Another CASE-worthy card made with one of my new favorite stamp sets. Great bow. I'm a HUGE fan of a well-tied bow. Ask anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning! LOVE the colour combo and the vellum adds such a nice softness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the colours. I like the way the vellum softens the image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the two step leaves are striking on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Rita! The leaves feel so soft with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, this is awesome! Love that vellum and the gorgeous fall colors. Your now is perfect, too. Ok, so now you have inspired me to try two new techniques today. I always love visiting your blog, my friend! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, this is the most gorgeous card. In fact, I think its my favorite of all the great cards you have made. The vellum always works for me to soften the background and it really works beautifully on this card. Your layering is gorgeous and the color scheme sublime. GORGEOUS!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Rita ... so elegant and classic ... love the use of the vellum and these colours work ever so beautifully together!
    Fabulous job Rita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful stamp set! I see why you love it so much! That vellum looks amazing on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rita, CASE'd this card of yours for today. LOVE love love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)