Wednesday, November 30, 2011

FMS13: Square Leaves


Time for another fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!    Lesley is our hostess this week and has challenged us with the awesome sketch!  The possibilities are endless as you can see from the samples from the design team.   I hope you'll find a bit of time to play along!


Are you confused?   I've been having a horrible time dealing with the holidays these past few weeks and I think that might be a part of why I haven't had any desire to stamp.   When I sat down to make my card for this week, I gave myself permission to make whatever came to mind, even if it was totally the wrong season.    My Spice Cake paper and Gently Falling stamp set are two of my favorite products, so I grabbed them, hugged them, and got to work.   While it is still not a masterpiece, I actually like it.   Well, minus the crooked sentiment. Don't you hate when you get to that last step and mess up?   I even used my stamp-a-ma-jig!   I think I was just tired by the time I finished and my eyes were crooked.   :)   

I hope you'll go check out the blog and see all the other gorgeous samples that the design team created to inspired and motivate you.  I can't wait to see what YOU create!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! I don't think there's ever a wrong season. Especially when that season is Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made some gorgeous leaf cards this fall and this one is no exception! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing the same thing with cards this year. I blame the Spice Cake DSP. You have used this leaf set beautifully again, Rita. Big hugs to you. Keep the creative side as a refuge and just make whatever your heart feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweet card Rita, it is a masterpiece in its simplicity and clean lines. You have made this set and paper really shine this year!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rita, it's still fall in Texas, so this card is perfect, in my book! I really like the color combo you used. The black is such an elegant touch with the leaves and that DSP. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! I am SO glad you used this set, these colors, and came up with this card. It was meant to be! Kit Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Rita! The Spice Cake DSP with black really pops. I love the background that you created. You truly have created some wonderful cards with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita this is beautiful!!! Holidays can be tough...that is why we have to go with whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card and love the sketch hope i can get time to play Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa this is beautiful, there is room for Autumn cards all year round and you did a wonderful job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's still fall here and that Spice Cake paper is so gorgeous, I'm not sure it should be limited to a certain season! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous creation Rita ... love the stamped background and I think this makes a really super note card!!! How striking is the black!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one gorgeous card, Rita! Love how you've used the images and the colors pop with the black background. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is gorgeous! Really love the way you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card Rita, I love all the warm cozy fall touches! and your bow is smashingly perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)