Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Mashup Debut!

I'm so excited to announce that I've been asked to join the wonderful design team over at The Friday Mashup!     This week Kasey has challenged us to make a girly card, use our favorite technique, or mash it up and use our favorite technique on a girly card!   Did you get all that?!   :)    I decided to go with some girly colors and practice a bit more on my vintage/aging techniques.   


What do you think?   Girly, huh?   I love it!   I'm not that into pink, but I do love Blushing Bride, especially paired with Early Espresso!  I did a lot of sponging on this one.  I think I got every edge of all the pieces of card stock in fact!   I also added ink to the raised areas on my embossed panel to make it stand out more.    Once I finished, I gave it a good spritzing with my homemade shimmer mist!   Girly cards need a bit of sparkle, right?   :)

Stamps:  En Francais, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing paper, Fun Flowers die, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, basic pearls, Early Espresso satin ribbon (retired)

Be sure to drop by the Mashup! blog and see what all the other lovely designers have created to inspire you this week!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh really beautiful Rita! I love all the sponging and the colours. Gorgeous embossing and love that en francais! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Rita! What a perfect debut card! Love the french script and the gorgeous flower! Distressing/vintage works well with this card!! Welcome to the team!!! Yeah!!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Rita. The french script matched with the embossing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, the brown and pink are a great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Rita! Love the shimmer and the prominent pink flower. Can't go wrong with brown and pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous! Love the Blushing Bride with Early Espresso and your flower is absolutely perfect (as usual:-))) Congrats on being part of the Friday Mashup team- you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, I love your card. It all works so well together: the embossing, the sponging, the big beautiful pink flower, the vintage look of it all. Great job and congrats making the Friday Mashup team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a great debut it is! This is beautifully done! I love the girlie pink flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the Friday Mashup up Team!! This is gorgeous, I love pink with brown or in this case Blush. I really like how you sponged the edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the use of the browns with just a touch of pink and vanilla!

    Glad to have you on the FM team!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)