Friday, November 18, 2011

FM33: Shabby Owl

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using "Paper Rosettes".
  2. Or Make a project using "the Sketch Above".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Project with the Sketch using Rosettes".
* Here are some tutorials on Paper Rosettes if you aren't sure how to make one.


It's Friday, so time for another fun Friday Mashup challenge!   I'm sure you noticed that everything is NOT coming up rosettes on my card.  Guess who can't make a pretty rosette?    Yep...it is that same person who also has a few attempts in their trash.    I am officially THE WORST rosette maker in the world!  Well, I did get one to turn out, but of course it was the one on my practice paper.  lol    I don't like being defeated by paper (or in this case, GLUE!), so I'll keep working on them!

My friend Linda inspired me to finally use my designer frames embossing folder this week.  She says it looks like a turkey platter, but don't tell my owl!   The rest of the card was inspired by another good friend, Ann.    When I see where I am now in my paper crafting and on design teams, I do credit much of that back to her.  Just following her blog really pushed me to try harder to make better cards and do the challenges that I so enjoy.   You can see her influence here with the distressed layers and pearls!   :)    I picture this card being perfect for someone going for a shabby chic nursery; it has that look, right?   

10 comments:

  1. LOL - love the turkey platter! Seems this rosette challenge really draws a line in the sand. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I won't tell the owl about the platter! I can't make rosettes either...maybe it's time to try again. At least I'm in good company. Great card...love the soft colors with the dark. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I love this! What a good idea! I will be CASE-ing this. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita your little owl is the cutest, very nice bow and the pearls are a wonderful finish. I don't have any rosette talent at all so don't lool too close at the one on my card you will see little tears where I fought with it. I think they are worth the battle in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! The drame DOES look like a turkey platter! That's funny! THis is a very sweet card, Rita! Love the little pearl accents, too. Can't wait to see the rosettes...I know you will master them. Go Rita, Go!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little owl served up on a platter :) This baby card is adorable! I have yet to make a rosette either - they just look so hard - I have visions of them sproinging(yes sproinging is a word!) all over on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, this card is so cute! Love all of the distressing and of course, the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, great take on this week's challenge. Love the shabby chic look to your card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your card! The turkey platter looks great! LOL!! My impressions folder is sitting ujnused...thanks for the nudge.
    And I think I take the worst-rosette-maker title. My practice ones didn't even work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you can say you are the worse Rosette maker in the world..lol This came out great I really like how you used the sketch with those colors. The Owl image is darling.. I really need to start using those embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)