Wednesday, November 23, 2011

FMS12: Gentle Spice


It is Wednesday and time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   Jen created this gorgeous sketch for us to work with this week; isn't it awesome?!   I hope you can take a break from the turkey and bargain shopping to stamp along with us this week!

Here's what I came up with for this week.   Now to be honest, I don't love it.   I think I should have used MUCH LESS Soft Suede or something.  I do love parts of it, like the Spice Cake designer paper and the leaf from Gently Falling.   I just wish I could have showcased them a bit better.  I'm just starting to experiment with circles on my card, so hopefully my next attempt will work out a bit better!  

Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you this week.   I promise they did a much better job than my poor card!   :)

For all my American friends, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!   We already started preparing some of our goodies today and I'm so excited!   

10 comments:

  1. Rita I love this card!! I think it is perfect (but we are our own worst critics, aren't we??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I think this is stunning and the perfect combination of colors. The soft suede is just right and the pool party really pops, especially with that woodgrain background. I love this and I think I need to CASE it today for more last minute Thanksgiving cards... LOL

    Seriously, this is beautiful and I love every aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is perfect! I love the pop of Pool Party against the browns. Of course, I am a big fan of Soft Suede so there you have it. Another lovely use of that leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it is lovely - and Lauri is right - we are too hard on ourselves! The Pool Party is beautiful with the fall colors and that gorgeous leaf adds the wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why you don't love this card Rita. I'm a huge fan of Soft Suede so in my book you can never use too much of it! I love how you stamped the leaf on the newsprint paper and the perfect pearls on the scallop are a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is gorgeous, Rita! How can you go wrong with pearls, my friend??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Rita ... I love this colour pallette, the Pool Party really pops against the neutral tones ... and the textures add a lovely warm effect! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! All the textures work so nicely together and the pattern on your leaf is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spice Cake + scallops + pearls = AWESOME! Love everything about this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita this card is wondeful, I could start to pick all the eye catching features but it pretty much covers the whole card. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)