Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hostess Club Card #2


This beauty is the second card we'll be making at my stamp clubs this month.   Isn't it pretty?!  I am such a big fan of Lovely as a Tree.   One of the ladies in my Friday night group mentioned she'd like to try to the Crayon Resist technique so I decided to plan a card with it.   I love how it looks like snow!   I hope you can see it; I didn't want a lot of sponging on my main panel, but of course the more you add, the more the resist will stand out.   I'm really loving this combination of colors for Christmas this year.  I've never been a big fan of Wild Wasabi in the past, but I have to say, I love it right now!

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Woodgrain
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Early Espresso marker
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler, Frostwood Lodge designer paper
Tools/Accessories:   white crayon, sponges, blender pen, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine

3 comments:

  1. It does look like snow! I just bought that stamp set (because I saw awesome inspiration on *ahem* someone's blog) and now this is just one more reason to ink it up. This looks like it's going to be one rocking' class, Rita. Why don't we live closer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I have never tried crayon resist before. I may just have to fly down for your club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this card Rita!! I've never though of using this image from Lovely as a tree as a christmas image. It looks perfect with the snow topped branches! I'll definately be trying a card using this image! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)