Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bring on the Fall


Happy Thursday!   I hope your week has been a good one and you are ready for the weekend. We are supposed to get a "cold front" here in Texas tomorrow, so it might acutally NOT be 90 this weekend.   Woo Hoo!   I think rain is in the forecast with it, but oh well.  I'll take the cooler temperatures.   I went and stamped a little after dinner tonight and this was my card. I made it for the Fall challenge at The Paper Players.   I tried to use the sketch from Mojo Monday but I was dealing with Laila trying to take my chair and I missed part of the sketch.    I used the new Winnie & Walter set that I won last week and I love it.  The sentiments are just so beautiful.


Stamps:  Winner & Walter A Tree for All Seasons
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
Paper: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accessories:   SU Neutrals buttons, SU Regals Candy Dots, SU Crushed Curry Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Tim Holtz embossing folder

I don't know how many of you read the Simon Says Stamp blog, but go check this out!  I was so excited today!


We got our Hope Calendar pictures this week and I love this one so, so much.   I can't wait to send off for prints so I can send it out to our family.   Today was an eventful day.  She's been crawling under the last gate we have up so we decided to go ahead and take it down.  Oh my!  She doesn't want to leave my craft room now and she insists that my chair is hers.  lol   I might be sitting in a folding chair stamping for a while.  ;-)   She also (out of nowhere) knows how to open doors.   I knew that would happen soon, but man!   We've been working to make sure any and all chemicals are put away in every room now because she can go anywhere really.   Crazy how fast they grow and learn new stuff.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Rita! That tree is really spectacular. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Simon!!! Love your work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you picked up the colours in your tree in your mount and cardbase - lovely tree bark texture too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun portrait! So sweet but a hint of mischief in those eyes! Congrats on the Simon Says shout out! I love your use of the new set - the little things make a difference and I love the way you have added the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Rita! I haven't tried any of their stamps, but I sure love that tree and the sentiment is awesome. SWEET pic of Laila too! Oh, congrats on the Simon Says thing too! NEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on Simon. And Laila has to be one of the world's cutest little girls. I like to see her pictures as much as I like to see your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous pic of your daughter!! why don't you set up her own little stamping station-- little table and chair with a few stamps and inks and paper. if you make a big deal of it for her, you just might get your chair back, lol. o and love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita
    I love the picture of Laila... how gorgeous is that! Oh... your card is gorgeous, too! Congrats on SSS, too! SO glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for being recognized on the Simon blog....how wonderful! Your card is wonderful...in our section of CA we are still in the 90s today and cooling to upper 80s by tomorrow...if you believe the weatherpeople! Rain is forecast for the mountains but nothing down here.... Cannot wait for Fall to really get here...enjoy your cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)