Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Lovers Bloghop!


Today is National Coffee Day!    It could be my new favorite day of the year!  lol   Chaitali is hosting a fun coffee-themed blog hop on her blog and I just had to join in!   If you have time, you can whip up a coffee card and go join in as well!   The linky is open until midnight and there are prizes to be won!

I used a new Lawn Fawn set for my card.  I love all the little cups and mugs that come with that set!  So, so cute.  They gave me a great opportunity to get some practice with my Copics.  I used the current sketch at The Paper Players for my layout. I also want to enter it in the MarkerPOP Anything Goes challenge.

    Challenge #53

As part of the hop, we were asked to answer a few questions, so here goes:

1.  When did you start drinking coffee?  For me, it was back in college.   I worked almost full-time and took a full classload, so I needed all the help I could get staying awake.  It really started to be an addiction when I got my first real job and had to wake up before 6am! 

2. What is your favorite brand?  I'm a huge Starbucks fan and love their Vanilla Macchiato, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Peppermint Mocha, and White Mocha.   For home coffee, I love Green Mountain brands in my Keurig. 

3.  What is the most amazing coffee that you had?  Remember when and where?  Strangely enough, at a friend's house!  Her husband is VERY into coffee and they have their own espresso machine.   He buys the beans at peak time and grinds them fresh for each cup.   I love going to visit, but even more so if they offer up a cup of that deliciousness!  

5. If I don't drink my needed coffee, I will....     Kill someone?  lol  Just kidding...kinda.   With a toddler in the house, I need it to wake up and keep up with her.  If I don't have it, I will be fighting a headache and fall over of exhaustion (probably before 9am).   


Speaking of the toddler, I love this shot from our zoo trip!   It's always fun to look through and find that one really awesome picture that you managed to snap.  :)

Oh, and before I forget, I made a new Facebook page for my cards.  I'd love for you to come by and say hi!

22 comments:

  1. This is a super cute card, Rita! You really hit the mark...enjoy your caffeinated day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, your card is lovely! I Adore the green and brown combo! I so enjoy reading about you and coffee! Thanks for sharing :) Your little girl is a CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to give up daily coffee, but then when I use it for a Friday afternoon treat, it reels me back in! Who am I kidding? I Love it! Love your green cups -- green is my fave color so your card really caught my eye. I think it would be fun to re-purpose this card for a St Patty's Day card...Top of the morning to you! Or A Latte Luck of the Irish to you! Something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love the color palette you used! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and great use of your new Lawn Fawn stamp set! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!! The colors you used are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card Rita, Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute! You can't go wrong with a layout like that, especially with fantastic coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER CUTE!!!
    I really like how you used the layout!!
    Such a fun thank you card!!
    VERY well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you multiplied the cups to go along with the sentiment. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. The layout that you chose to use really showcased your cute little coffee cups! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable, Rita! I LOVE the colors you used :) Thanks a latte for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, this is fantastic! You don't need practice with those Copics, you're already a PRO! Great use of the sketch and I'm so glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is FABulous...love the green and yellow combo! Loved reading about you!
    So glad that you linked up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card. love the cute coffee cups, colors, and design :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i find that i need to expand my vocabulary bc all i find myself saying is "cute!" "adorable" "omg!" LOL <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your card A Latte, Rita! I too, am a huge coffee fan! Pumpkin Spice latte's are my fav, but I love DD coffee! Your card made me smile and your coloring with the Copics is fabulous! XX

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)