Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stampin' Up! Wonderfall


It's still hot here, but I decided to turn on the cooler weather in my cardmaking this week.  It's Wednesday, which of couse means Freshly Made Sketches!   We are all excited because we have a new full-time member as Kim is staying. Yay. Cindy gave us a fabulous sketch and I got this retired set from my fabulous friend Linda, so I was all set to go.   I love these leaves and have kicked myself for not getting them.   I was so excited to finally ink them up.   I don't remember what the designer paper is, but I have like a million sheets of it.  I think I got it at Tuesday morning and didn't realize that the entire pack was the same design.   Luckily it is two-sided, so the yellow is one side, the stripes the other. It matches SU colors pretty well, so maybe I can use up a few more sheets this Fall.  


I'll be deliverying this card to a super awesome lady next week.   I don't think I've posted about it, but I finally took the plunge and went to see a counselor.  She has been fabulous about helping me with some unresolved grief and lots of other stuff as well.  I feel much more together lately.   The house is looking great after I made a cleaning schedule, parenting is going better most days, and I convinced Jason he needed a hobby.  He's learning to play the guitar and Laila loves playing her little guitar along with him.   :)   It took a lot to finally go, but I am happy I did.   If you have considered it, do it.   It could change your life or even save it.  That's my PSA for this week I guess.  ;-)



Tuesday is playroom cleaning day, so here's my littler helper enjoying the clean room.   She unloaded all the non-glass items from the dishwasher and helped me vacuum.    :o)   That and her saying she loved me big bunches totally made my day yesterday.  

10 comments:

  1. I love your breath of Fall air with this card! It's just as hot here in the Dallas area, and now that the kids are back in school, I'm ready for it to cool off. I love the leaves you've used. I wish they wouldn't have retired them. I'm so glad you're having such a positive experience with your counselor! It takes courage to open up and share with someone -- so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves never looked so good! Your colors are all perfect - beautiful fall card! No heat issues here - lots of leaves already falling! And you are one strong gal working things through with a counselor! Hope it continues to go well - I love you bunches too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Rita! I love those leaves and need to haul out my stamp set and ink it up! Such beautiful colours! Glad things are going well with your counsellor! Laila sure is adorable! I hope she cleans better than my boys do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the sweet colors of fall! So refreshing when it's hot outside! And I'm so happy to hear that your counselor is helping you. You're so brave! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy things are going better for you and that the counselor is helping. This is a beautiful autumn card - those leaves look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita, oh how I love this beautiful fall card you have made! I envision CASE-ing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fall card! Your button and twine are wonderful fall accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! You and I were both in a leafy state of mind this week! For fear of sounding mom-like…I am SOOOO proud of you. You are strong and brave and I am so happy that you found someone to work with. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fall card,Rita!! I LOVE the colors!!
    I am glad to hear that things are going well with the counselor!! I am happy for you!! :)
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Wonderfall leaves. The striped strip is all that is needed for this perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)