Wednesday, September 24, 2014

You're So Cool


It's Freshly Made Sketches day!   Karren is our hostess and sketch creator this time and she made us a tag sketch.  I was all excited about her sketch, but then fell short on time to make my card.  I actually made my card in my head and then ran into my room when Laila went down for a nap and started making the paper version.  Not too bad, huh?!   I needed a baby card, but when I saw the new Simon Says Stamp challenge on Flickr I decided to go with it instead.  I'll be stamping up a baby card tomorrow now since I do need one this week.  


Isn't that a fun sketch?  I know the gallery will be full of amazing cards this week! Here's the SSS Flickr challenge.  It was a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge and I went with die cut (tag), ribbon/twine, and polka dots.   :)  



It is finally feeling a bit more like Fall down here, so I am loving the cooler weather.  I've been feeling a little icky with allergies the past two days, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my body adjusts to whatever is in the air soon.  It seems like a lot of my friends are having the same problem, so it must be a bad allergy season around the country.  Thankfully Laila has enjoyed snuggling and reading, so we've been doing a lot of that.  


She's all into the teapot lately, so we had some tea with our lunch on Monday.  lol  :)  

10 comments:

  1. Oh I am lovin' this sweet treat! The ice cream card is delightful and the tea party lady is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this, Rita! All of those lovely dots, and the paper-pieced ice cream -- everything works together perfectly on this card. I think my favorite part is that beautiful pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Rita! I love all of those polka dots (especially the embossed ones!). Love the popsicle! So Sweet! Ms. Laila is as sweet as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fabulous card has inspired me to pull out that ice cream set and actually use it! Love the double tag effect. And thanks for the SSS Flickr reminder - I signed up but keep forgetting to check out what's happening there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the dots like confetti, and the sweet popsicle image...a little party on a card! The colors are so fresh and delicious for this popsicle card. Like Neopolitan with a twist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! The dots remind me of confetti and the popsicle reminds me of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...i love...love this card Rita!! All of the dots are so fun,i love the paper and your tag is so awesome!! Great job,Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're Card is So Cool! Your chevron freeze popsicle and dotted background is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More adorableness with this stamp! Love this card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just so sweet Rita! I'm loving all those dots you've combined and the icy poles are so yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)