Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FMS4: Snow Much Fun


Time for another sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!   I hope you are enjoying the challenges as much as the design team.   I'm having a fabulous time creating and I am so thankful to Lesley for giving me a chance to be a part of this great challenge blog.   Now on to the card...


And before you say anything...Yes!  I totally realize that I'm addicted to this stamp set.  :)  It is seriously Snow Much Fun!  Ha!   Here I used my buddy the Color Coach to find a bit of a non-traditional color combination.   I love how it turned out, but how could I not when I'm using 3 of my favorite colors AND my favorite stamp set?!    I hope you enjoy it as well and will be inspired to create your own card for this fun sketch.   

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Staz-on Black, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Northern Flurry embossing folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, ticket corner punch, Decorative Label punch, circle punches, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, blender pen, Dazzling Details

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team as well!

Be sure to check out the rest of the cards from our fabulous design team and our featured designer, LeAnne!

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Rita! I love your colour choices and that bow is so beautiful. The dsp and embossing look wonderful together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita this card is too too cute! I love the color combo, feels warm and cozy. I really like the embossed strip that grounds the whole theme.
    I LOVE snowmen of any type... I did not buy this set because I kept saying... YOU HAVE ENOUGH SNOWMEN! but that little birdie on the snowball is stealing my heart! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, how cute. I would never have thought to use the embossing folder and cut a strip from it like that! I now have a new idea for my next stamp camp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita! The embossed strip behind the snowman is such a cute touch! I love this guy too. It IS "snow much fun". Love the way you placed the sentiment on the decorative label die too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are rich and wonderful! Your snowman looks great against such a fab setting! And how clever are you to emboss snowflakes on the narrow strip!?! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could not be any cuter! Love your coloring. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice card, the snowman is great but the little bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fab Christmas card. The tag looks brill with the ribbon and I love the extra little scene of the snowball and bird. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, this is the most fabulous color combo. Absolutely perfect for your snowman stamp and I'm totally going to steal it because I plan on making lots of snowman cards this season! And I LOVE how you used the snowflake embossing folder on the vertical layer. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute card Rita ... I love that little snowman and I love your colouring ...the colours and the textured border are so so pretty, a fabulous combination and an equally fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That snowman is absolutely adorable! Your colors look perfect together! Awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, this is adorable!! I love this color combination and the embossing textures are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely Christmas card, full of happy! The smiley face on the snowman is sure to put a big smile on the recipient's face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the rich colors you used and your shading really makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)