Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Stitched Stockings


I was playing around with my Simply Scored tool today and decided to try my hand at making a fireplace for my stockings.  I think I actually like it!   I'd noticed a few different fireplaces with this set, but none that used scoring for the bricks.  This did take some time and a lot of sponging, but it was fun.   What do you think?   Does it look like a fireplace?  Can you see the score lines and the woodgrain on the browns?    I even sponged the base with white craft ink; I was a sponging fool on this one!

Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Woodgrain background
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Real Red, Whisper White (craft)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:   Simply Scored, Stocking builder punch, Blossom Petals punch, sponges, paper snips, white baker's twine

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable and I especially liked the way you created the fireplace (scoring). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun funky card Rita!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Rita. I love the way you've done the bricks. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever, clever girl...this is fantastic Rita! Brilliant use of the Simply Scored and the wood logs and mantle are perfect! And the blossom builder punch for flames...OMG! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did the logs and the bricks! Any tips on the scoring for the bricks? beetlebug79@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)