Saturday, September 17, 2011

colourQ #102


I'm a little behind on my challenges this week, but I wanted to try to squeeze in a few before the deadlines.   I found this color combination from colourQ an interesting one.   I wasn't sure what I wanted to with them, but I went in and pulled out card stock in all the colors and then glanced over my stamp sets for something that I thought would go with them.   I had wanted to make Kathy a birthday card using Friends Fur-ever, but with all the construction in the house this past week, I couldn't think enough to put anything together.   I know she likes the set and it isn't available in Australia, so I decided to make a friendship card for her today.   I need to get her cards in the mail before I end up with a whole box of them to send over!  :)    


What do you think?   I thought it was kind of cute.   I love those little dogs and they are adorable when you do paper piecing with them!   I'm not sure about my ribbon treatment, but I hope it looks okay.   :)

Stamps:  Friends Fur-ever
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz (I didn't have any Certainly Celery ink!), Temping Turquoise, Basic Gray, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Neutrals DSP stack
Accessories/Tools:  1 1/4 Certainly Celery Grosgain ribbon, basic rhinestones, white baker's twine, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet dog card! I love that you paper pieced them! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That is just so cute!!!
    I LOVE IT!
    I especially love the way you've done the cute little scotty dogs. I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having such a hard time with this color challenge that I haven't attempted it yet. But this is adorable and I'd say you nailed it! And the ribbon looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, Rita! Love those Scotties! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rita, this is adorable! I love the paper pieces scotties with their ColorQ collars and rhinestone! I love the way you did the grass and the ribbon is fantastic! Fantastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)