Saturday, September 10, 2011

HSSC83 CAS


The designers at Hand Stamped Sentiments challenged us to keep it simple this week and make a clean and simple card.    I don't know why we call it simple...   I think these type of cards are by far the hardest to design.   I never know at what point I cross the "simple" line and end up on the wrong side of the tracks.   Clean I can do with my eyes closed, but simple?    Much harder.    I'm not sure if this card is too simple, but I do like it.   Don't tell my Woodland Walk paper, but I think Spice Cake might be my new favorite designer paper.  It is so yummy!    I finally used my I-MUST-HAVE-THEM-OR-I-MIGHT-DIE tags die for this one.   We won't talk about how many times I've used them since I had to buy them.  :)  

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude
Ink:  Soft Suede, Pool Party
Paper:  Soft Suede, Pool Party, Spice Cake DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Regals buttons
Tools:  Big Shot, Lots of Tags, oval punch


Bandit always seems to be the photogenic cat in the house, but here's one of his sister, Bella.   She's my shadow.  If I go, she goes.  If I am on the couch, she is on the couch.   I think I could pet her until her fur all fell out and she'd be perfectly happy to be bald because the petting was so good.  

8 comments:

  1. Rita, I LOVE this card! It's great use of that pattern in the spice cake (which I LOOOOOVE too) and I love the use of the ribbon as well. The button is the perfect touch of mustard too! And let's not talk about the under-use of the sizzlet tags (I always forget about them too) :-) Thanks for playing with us at HSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I am laughing SO hard at your "I must have them or I might die" comment. I can completely relate to that, more then you know. I love. love, LOVE your card! The patterns and colors work beautifully together and the button is a fabuous accent. This is CAS-tastic!! Thanks so much for plying along at Hand Stamped Sentimets this week and give sweet Bella a hug from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a clean and simple card but has a pop. Love how you used the paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the dsp. This is a simple but stunning card. I too have had that "I-MUST-HAVE-THEM-OR-I-MIGHT-DIE" feeling. The tags die you used is on my never ending wishlist. Love how you used it. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I love the Spice Cake DSP. This is so pretty and perfect for Thanksgiving and fall. I love how you stamped an image under the sentiment. Great idea! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a PERFECT CAS card---sometimes it's just a subjective thing---if it's CAS to you, then it's CAS! I love those tags too....only I just find myself using one or two---haven't ever used that tickety-looking one! What would I use that for, give me an idea! Love Bella too...sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card....yes...I think it's simple. But you're right, simple is not easy. I think the way you used the Spice Cake paper makes it look so rich, but the paper is so gorgeous...you don't need to do much. Lovin' the ribbon and the layout is perfect!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how the DSP works on every card! I think you did a FAB job on this card, I think that the pattern and ribbon embellishments are FANTASTIC!!! THanks for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)