Friday, September 9, 2011

JAI84: Colour Challenge


This is my card for the Just Add Ink challenge this week.   They challenged us to use white plus one other color.   Now normally I would not pick Pumpkin Pie as a focus for a card, but the strip of designer paper jumped out at me as I was looking for a color.   I think it turned out beautifully!

Stamps:  Hello Doily, Tiny Tags
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Paper:  Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Flirtatious designer paper
Accessories:  Pumpkin Pie taffeta ribbon, basic pearls, clear embossing powder
Tools: heat tool, embossing buddy, dotted scallop ribbon punch, jewelry tag punch, sponge

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Rita! SO warm and rich...perfect to get you in the mood for fall! I looove that big doily stamp so much. think that one is next on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty! Love the color choice. That stamp is perfect with that DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it Rita! Orange is my most favourite colour and it looks awesome against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Rita!!! I love the way you've used the dsp and stamp together. Love the way you've used the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This IS beautiful - I love how it turned out as well! Love the idea of one color and white - this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go "orange" or should I say pumpkin pie....my most fave colour in the whole world...you have used it perfectly. TFS Cheers Donna Zammit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Rita, your emboss resist is stunning with the stamp and colours you have chosen.
    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are looking for someone to send this card to....:) I absolutely adore the colour orange and paired with white this card is so striking! LOVE, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful combination of stamping and DSP with some simple embelishments. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely Rita. Love the emboss resist technique you've used with the giant doily, it's such a pretty stamp. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one stunning card! Thanks for playing with us at Just Add INk this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, so vibrant, that stamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an amazing card, congrats on your HM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)