Sunday, September 11, 2011

PP63: Colors by Nance


Nance and The Paper Players have a fun color challenge for everyone this week.  I feel honored to get to stamp in Jaydee's place this week. :)  Thank you ladies for including me in the fun!   These are some of my favorite colors, but I'm not sure I've used them all together before.   It was fun to pull them all out and see what came to mind.   I am in love with my new Fun Flowers die and I can't stop using it!   I want to put those flowers on everything.  :)   I thought they would be perfect for this challenge.   I didn't go clean and simple, but I was inspired by the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.


My other favorite thing lately is to use a mix of embossing folders on my cards.   I think the different textures add a lot of interest and keep your eye moving to take it all in.   I even added in some crimping this time.  Lesley inspired me to finally purchase one, so you'll be seeing more of it soon.

Stamps:  None (Can you believe that?!)
Ink:  None  (What?!)
Paper:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Neutrals DSP stack
Accessories:  Brights buttons, White Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Houndstooth embossing folder, Fun Flowers die, Crimper, Blossom Petals punch

10 comments:

  1. Hey Sassy Substitute Stamper...this card is awesome! Love the different embossed layers and those fabulous leaves.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the textures and the way you achieved such great balance with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita, so glad to have you joining us this week! I too had an addiction to the Fun Flowers Die. It's all I could use for about a month...lol! I absolutely love how you combined all of these embossed details. They do work together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello you Sassy Substitute Stamper - great gig! It will be fun to see you pop in and out with your creations! This is one fabulous flower - you worked the colors so well with your design! And crimpers are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great texture on this card---packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Rita! You ROCKED the "stamp & ink-free" card! Woot Woot!! The layered flower and the mix of textures is awesome! You aced the color combo, too. (as if you weren't going to? sheesh!) Big-Texas hugs, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job for being our Sassy stamper! You pulled together a great card in a pinch. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, this is such a fantastic card with so much texture. I just love your flower layers. Simply beautiful. I just love your comments about no ink or stamp - pure paper talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous job with the colors Rita! All the textures and layers are so rich and luxurious and you are really rockin' that fun flower die! I'm so glad you could join the team this week--it's great to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous texture, Rita! I love the fabulous flower!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)