Sunday, September 25, 2011

PP65: Anne Marie's Sketch

August Sketch

I have the pleasure of stamping with the design team at The Paper Players this week!   They are such a great group of ladies and I always jump at the chance to be a part of them.  Thank you, Nance, for giving me the opportunity to stamp in your place this week.  :)  Anne Marie is our hostess for this week and she has challenged us with a sketch.  Now I definitely found it to be a challenge, but I like the end result(s).   Channeling my inner Lesley, I made two cards!    I'm curious which one you'll like the best.  :) 


This was the first card that I made yesterday morning.  I had some new toys arrive on Thursday, so I had to try them out!   The Northern Frost decorative strip die is now my new favorite Big Shot die!   All the snowflakes are gorgeous and look amazing on cards.   I also added some of my new mica flakes to give my card a snowy look.   It always makes me sad that glitter doesn't seem to photograph well; this card has falling snow and a very snowy ground.   

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun
Ink:  Staz On Black, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Snow Burst embossing folder, Northern Frost decorative strip die, In color printed brads, mica flakes, Dazzling Details, blender pens


As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I had an idea for another card and it is my favorite of the two and the one I used as my "official" card.   Dasher is one of my favorite stamps and I was happy to dream up an idea using him.   I plan on using this as a thinking of you card this winter; I have a special aunt who I think will love it as much as I do.   Now I want to get some brushed silver card stock because I can totally see this card in Night of Navy and Silver.   

Stamps:  Dasher
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Basic Gray, Basic Black, Neutrals designer paper stack, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Northern Frost decorative strip die, Neutrals glimmer brads, heat tool, black embossing powder

I hope you enjoyed my take(s) on the sketch.  Be sure to check out The Paper Players and see what the other designers have created to inspire you.  I hope you'll join us this week and share your beautiful creation with us.  

18 comments:

  1. Now who is the overachiever...hmmm???? LOL! Love them both but I think the first one is my favourite because of the colours and the glitter...my glitter arrives on Monday...yippee! Then I will be channeling my inner "Rita"...and yes, I need that snowflake die....oh boy!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both very beautiful Rita! I love the colours you've used for the snowman card. But the Dasher, well it's absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I can't choose! They are both wonderful! I just had BOTH of these stamps out for my upcoming Christmas card stamp camp....so you know I love them both! Dasher is quite debonair in black, though...I have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, difficult choice!! I think that my favorite is Dasher. He has to be one of my all time favorites and he looks perfect in this color palette. I have been debating this die and you have convinced me to get it! Ahhh, the enabling!! I suppose it is turn about fair play after all. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I can't choose either. They are both fabulous for very different reasons. Dasher is dramatic and the snowman is darling... so...love them both!
    hugs
    jaydee
    p.s. thanks so much for stepping in for me last week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both... The Snowman Colors are great for winter! The reindeer card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, these are both great, but the snowman is my favorite! I love the colors and the mica additions. I bet this is just gorgeous IRL! Thanks so much for sitting in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh Sassy Stamper Gal you made two fabulous holiday cards! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your "Dasher" card. Very sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I come to comment on a fantastic card - and find two fantastic cards with the same sketch. I love them both - The black one is so stunning, but the snowman is so gosh-darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these cards are beautiful, but the Dasher card is my favorite. The colors are fabulous, and not what you would think for a Christmas card, but it all works beautifully! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dasher is just stunning! My eye immediately goes to that one. Love them both, but I am in love with your dasher one. Love the modern look, and color choices!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dasher card. The black is stunning. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you, Sassy Rita!! TWO cards?? I wouldn't believe this was a challenge for you at all with the way they both came ut. Love the fun colro combo and the mica snowflakes on the first card. The Dasher card is very elegant! Both have your fabulous signature syle all over them and are gorgeous! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both cards! I know how you feel about the sketch it keeps on giving:) I am a sucker for snowmen so I love that card, but the dasher card is so striking with the monochromatic color scheme. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous in their own ways! I can't pick a favorite! I love the cuteness of the snowman, and the elegance of Dasher! You outdid yourself, Sassy-Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, now who is showing up who Sassy-'Rita??!! Are you gunning for my spot, girl because you knocked this sketch out of the park! TWO cards, both equally as elegant and perfect as the other. I adore them both--perfect use of each stamp set and I just added the northern frost die to my cart! Seriously, thank you so much for stepping in this week. I am grateful for your willingness to help! LOVE both your cards--fantastic and sassy! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards! The second one is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)