Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's time!


It's here!   The fun new sketch challenge starts TODAY!   Are you are excited as I am?   I hope so!   Lesley started us off with an awesome first sketch.  Doesn't it look fun?!   I had a blast creating my card and I bet you will too if you'll play along with us!    Be sure to check out the blog and see what the other design team members came up with!


Now here is my take on the sketch.   I LOVE the new Spice Cake designer paper from the Holiday Mini!  Because my husband and I are following the South Beach Diet, real cake is a no-no for me.   I don't even care though!   This spice cake paper is yummy, calorie-free, and makes pretty cards.  Much better, right?    :)   We are going to say it is anyway.  I wanted to do some cards for fall, so I used my Day of Gratitude set for the beautiful sentiment and leaves.   Every card can use a bit of texture and embossing folders are a great way to add that while keeping your card clean.

I hope you'll join us and I can't wait to see what you create.

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude
Ink:  Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party Spice Cake DSP, Whisper White
Accessories:   Regals brads
Tools:  Big Shot, Square Lattice and Houndstooth embossing folders, paper snips

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Rita! I love everything about this card, the colours, embossing, dsp, everything works perfectly together. True brilliance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic and beautiful! Spice Cake is gorgeous and makes a perfect background for this wonderflul fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card Rita! It is so pretty with that fat free paper! Love the Spice Cake too! Here's to a great first week!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to enjoy some spice cake! Great colors and I love how you've incorporated texture on your card. So glad we'll be working together on FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I KNEW this was your card even before I scrolled to see your name Rita! I LOVE it and I always love your cards! I hope I get a chance to play along!!!!! Great sketch! And love those falling leaves....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoooo-it's Freshly Made Sketches day...well it was yesterday, I'm a little behind! Gorgeous card Rita--perfect for the premiere. I love how you've featured all the beautiful spice cake paper and the pop of embossed more mustard is fabulous! Love this stamp set with these colors--just a beautifully clean and elegant fall card! Great start to a great new challenge!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and I love the texture! Super use of the new challenge sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Rita! I love the Spice Cake DSP! And the texture is just yummy! Congrats on being part of this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This paper is so pretty...I love how you used it here. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful; love how you paired the images with the DSP! I have to break that paper open but it so pretty I hate to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this fall card!! This DSP is amazing!! I need to get it now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)