Wednesday, September 21, 2011

FMS3: Falling Leaves


It's Wednesday, which means it is time for another sketch and a new featured designer at Freshly Made Sketches!  Isn't this a fun sketch?   Lesley really started us off with such a great set of sketches.    I love this one; the possibilities are endless on what you can do with it.   I had just gotten my Spice Cake designer paper when I saw the sketch, so I immediately grabbed French Foliage and went to work on my card.  Our weather is still pretty warm, but I enjoy hearing about the leaves turning up north.   I miss that as Fall is my favorite time of year.   Maybe I should get a leaf die and make my own pretty leaves and scatter them all around my room.  :)  


Aren't those colors lovely?    I think they are the perfect combination for this time of year.   I'm not a huge fan of More Mustard, but pairing it with the right colors makes a HUGE difference.   I think French Foliage would look stunning in any color; it is just one of those sets that you can't go wrong with no matter what you do.  I love the leaves that I stamped and cut out.   A bit of curl with the bone folder brings them to life on the card.  

I hope you enjoyed my card and find the inspiration to play along with us this week.   

Stamps:  French Foliage
Ink:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Spice Cake DSP, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (I'm sure they could have found a shorter name for that), Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon (retired), Paper Snips

Be sure to check out the rest of the cards from our fabulous design team and our super featured designer, Nance Leedy.  

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rita! I love the colours you chose for the leaves and they work beautifully with the dsp. I think you're right, perhaps French Foliage is a no-fail set, but you still do wonders with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamped leaves and I love the cut out leaves - beautiful acccent! This is one gorgeous fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep ... I enjoyed your card Rita ... you have created a right little masterpiece with that French Foliage stamp set - I love the fact that this card uses only ONE stamp set something I find difficult in doing)... well done!
    And, like you I am not a big fan of More Mustard, but you have used it here soo beautifully ... your card is exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Rita! I, too, miss fall and the colors and stamps you choose give the perfect feel of a crisp autumn day! Your collage stamping is fabulous--I struggle with that--and I love your trio of hand-cut leaves. Just beautiful! So happy to be stamping with y'all this week! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collage stamping and super colours together. Fab autumn card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi-ya Rita! I miss a "true" fall season back home in NY. The changing of the leaves is such a wonderful time of the year. Your card reminds me so much of the gorgeous colors . I really need to use More Mustard, MORE often, too! This is gorgeous inspiration. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to say that although I love fall, I really don't like what comes after: winter. Ugh! And I do love this card! French Foliage is a set that you can't go wrong with and your collage background looks great. I especially like the leaves you stamped onto colored cardstock. They are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita what a lovely card. I'm in Michigan we're right in the middle of the FALL colors... Love the fALL!
    Your card colors are beautiful and I like the cut out leaves... French Foilage is one of my all time favs!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Rita, love the rich, warm colours and the stamping you have done here. The leaves cut out look terrific, such a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the colours are wonderful. The leaves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Rita! I love the colors you used, they are so delightful. They really do capture what is happening outside as the leaves are now changing colors. I just love this time of the year! Your card is truly the epitome of fall.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)