Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kathy!


I wanted to wish my dear friend and fellow demonstrator, Kathy, a very happy birthday!   I just hope I figured out the time difference correctly and am posting on the correct day.   :)    I wanted to do a fun, special card for her and I hope she likes it.   It will be late getting there of course because I'm way behind on life and the mail to Australia seems a bit slow from Texas.   

I used the sketch from this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch and the colors from CR84FN to put together this beauty.   It has a ton of layers and dimension and just a little bling.   

Happy Birthday, Kathy!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  Eat some cake for me!  

Stamps:  Simply Soft, Petite Pairs
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper:  Cheerful Treat hostess dsp, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Neutrals glimmer brads, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, black embossing powder, heat tool, scallop edge border punch, circle punch

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the popped up sentiment over the flowers and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - great papers, lovely flowers - just fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Rita! I love the colors you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rita what a wonderful birthday surprise!!! It's 7:30 in the morning here and you've timed it perfectly.
    It's absolutely stunning. I love the colours, the flowers, the bow, the bling, it's a truly beautiful card.
    We are going to the botanical gardens today to look at all the gorgeous tulips and daffodils that are just now starting to come out and tonight I will definitely eat some birthday cake for you. It will be chocolate!
    Thanks again for the gorgeous card and always for being a gorgeous friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the combination of layers. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty DPs Rita and I love these sweet little blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just beautiful!! love the bright vivid flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)