Monday, September 5, 2011

PPA109


Last night and today I took some time off of "work".   I decided to just stamp with no thoughts of what was retired, what my customers might like, etc.  It's nice to just have a fun day doing whatever strikes your fancy.   My goal is to get back to participating in a challenge every day.   I enjoyed doing it before and my skills really improved during that time.  

This card was made for the Pals Paper Arts challenge to use Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red, and Basic Gray.   Not being a fan of the coral and red, I definitely found this one to be a challenge!   As I looked through my stamps, Paisley Prints caught my eye.   I LOVE paisley and had to buy this set last year right before it retired.   I figured it was time to use it again, so I inked up my leaves and got busy.   The slightly cooler temperatures we've had the last 2 days has really helped me get in the mood for fall.     I never thought 90 degrees would feel like fall, but when you've had a summer of 100+ temperatures it kind of does!  We have some nice lows at night this week, so I'll be cuddling up in my blanket and enjoying them!

Stamps:  Paisley Prints (retired), Falling Leaves
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Accessories:  Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (retired), In Color Dotted Brads
Tools:  Paper snips, paper piercing tool


6 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Rita. I love the way you've used the coral and that cute brad is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita I LOVE this! I agree with you - sometimes you just need to create with whatever you feel like using :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Rita! So glad you got some free stampin' time--just for the fun of it. Love how you've used these colors. The trio of leaves is perfect and the polka dot brad an adorable accent. I'm loving our "cooler" days toppin' out at 90 'round these parts too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to have that stamp set too!! I love that you stamped just for YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous color combo! Love that pop of color on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)