Friday, September 30, 2011

Try It Thursday!

I had my first Try It Thursday event last night and I loved it.  I hope the ladies attending did as well.  I had two new people join me and they were wonderful!   I love meeting new people that enjoy being creative, especially nice ones that make me laugh.  :)


As a treat, I whipped up some sugar cookies and used the new cookie press stamps that will be available starting tomorrow!   Don't they look yummy?   They are so cute and a blast to make!   


This was one of the projects that we made.  I love it so much that I'm thinking it might be my Christmas card this year.   I was bad and didn't get any sent out last year, so I'm hoping to do a better job this year.   (I know, what kind of card maker doesn't send out Christmas cards!  Geesh!)  

Stamps:  Warmest of Wishes, Stitched Stockings
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Tools/Accessories:  Stocking builder punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones


How cute is this?    I never know if people might need a boy or girl card, so I decided to go with pink AND blue and it can be for everyone!    :)   I love those little booties!

Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Marina Mist
Paper:  Pretty In Pink, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Subtles Designer Paper stacks
Tools/Accessories: Stocking Builder punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot, Basic Pearls, White Baker's Twine, Marina Mist 3/8 taffeta ribbon


Finally, we made a little gift tag using the Top Note die.   I love this one; I was going for a bit more rustic (or maybe manly?) look with it and I think the colors are perfect!   Can you picture a gift wrapped nicely in brown paper, tied up with some Early Espresso Baker's Twine, and this little tag?   I can and I'm loving the idea!

Stamps:  None
Ink:   Early Espresso Marker
Paper:  Confetti White, Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake
Tools/Accessories:  Houndstooth embossing folder, Snow Burst embossing folder, Big Shot, Top Note die, Stocking Builder Punch, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Crumb Cake 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon

If you have any questions about any of the projects, be sure to email me.   :)

2 comments:

  1. COOL! I love that you made cookies for your ladies. So sweet. All of your cards a wonderful but I adore the Top Note one. Awesomeness.

    Hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the first stocking card Rita! The others are nice too, but that one is brilliant :)
    Love the colours, layout and sentiment you've used.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)