Sunday, September 18, 2011

Triple Challenge for Fall

    FM24LisaF-1   

Look at all these fun challenges!   Even though it has been too hot in Texas to really be thinking of Fall, it is my favorite season.   Watching the leaves turn is one of the few things that I miss about living in Kentucky.   There's nothing like seeing the mountains ablaze in red, yellow, and orange.   Anyway, my friend Kathy made a gorgeous card this week where she combined French Foliage, En Francais, and emboss resist.    I thought I'd try that too, but in the fall colors.   (I like hers better because the Rich Razzleberry is so unexpected and one of my favorite colors.)   I used ideas from three challenges, this week's Card Pattern's Sketch, the autumn challenge at The Friday Mashup, and the fall challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.


I hope you like the Spice Cake designer paper because I can tell I'm going to be using it a lot!  :o)    It is just so pretty and perfect for fall projects.   For my leaves, I inked them in Versamark and then More Mustard before using my sponge daubers to add a bit of Cajun Craze and Early Espresso.   Once I stamped them, I embossed them with clear embossing powder so that I could use the emboss resist technique.   I stamped En Francais and some other elements from French Foliage over them to add some interest.  To finish it all off, I added some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and some tags.   You'll find hints of distressing and sponging as well; these colors inspire me to do a bit of that for some reason.


Here's a close-up of one of  leaves...doesn't it look real?!   I love it!

Stamps:  French Foliage, Tiny Tags, En Francais
Ink:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Versamark, Soft Suede
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake designer paper
Tools/Accessories:  Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Jewelry Tag punch, sponge daubers

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Rita gorgeous! It is fall here - the leaves have started to turn and last night when I took the dog out I saw my breath for the first time.........here we go! There will be flurries before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Rita...love that sketch! The leaves are turning here and this week we did some leaf art at school...so much fun! So happy you joined us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita, gosh what a lovely Autumn card. Nice to see you playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything I see with this stamp set. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the Spice Cake paper, I am definitely ordering some!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, Wow, WOW!! This is so beautiful! Excellent details! Thanks forjoining us at the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty Rita! I love your panels of DSP and how you used the baker's twine. You always inspire me! I wish we could get together and stamp! Hope you're enjoying those new floors too:-) Thanks for playing with us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cute card. That set is perfect for a fall card. Great colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you've coloured the leaves Rita. The patterned paper co-ordinates so perfectly with them . It is a truly beautiful card. Love the twine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love your collage and the pretty papers. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collage! Love the colors of More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. So beautifully autumn. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card. I bet it looks and feels so great in person with the embossing. Yes, that leaf does look real, too!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Rita! Love the rich colors and all of the detail you added! Thanks for joining us at HSS this week, my friend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita, LOVE this DSP. It is seriously my favorite. I really love the En Francais as the background. Gives it a vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rita, Love that DSP and I think most of us do. Anyway great card, using my favorite fall set. Thanks for joining us at Friday Mashup this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning Rita!! I love how you did the leaves they really do look real. The whole card came together great! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. THIS amazing card SMELLS LIKE FALL! It's THAT tactile - I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! What brilliant use of materials!!! Thank you, SO very much, for gracing Card Patterns with your fine creation!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)