Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lovely Fall Colors


Ann presented an interesting challenge at the Paper Players this week:  make a card with plants or animals.   I thought about using my Sock Monkey stamp, but since it seems that nobody loves him but me, I went with another favorite set, Lovely as a Tree!   I figured French Foliage needed a rest, but I still wanted to use this awesome color combination that I seem to be stuck on.   It's a great way to use up those two packs of More Mustard that I accidentally ordered last year!   :)   I also used a fun technique called thumping to get those pretty colors on my tree.   If you like beating things, it's totally the technique for you!   Just don't abuse your markers or stamps too much.    My layout comes from this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.   Lesley made two cards using it, so I figured I'd try to keep up.   Finally, the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments was to impress with embossing!

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
Ink:  More Mustard, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Naturals White, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Jewelry Tag punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon (retired),  that punch with the really long name (Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch I think?)

And speaking of animals, can someone please tell me how this could even remotely be comfortable?

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree and card , now I have to find out how to thump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to thump, Rita! A gorgeous fall card, for sure! The tiny tags are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rita! I absolutely love your card. The tree looks so gorgeous thumped! Love the little leaf on the tiny tag and the dsp and ribbon work so beautifully on your card. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't remember the last time I used More Mustard cardstock....but it is really effective with the black! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful card. That tree looks fabulous with those colors. Makes a great Fall card.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am speechless. This is pure elegance, Rita. Absolutely stunning. That silly kitty cat on the other hand...nothing elegant about that position!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Kit Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, your mix of colours is perfect and I love the little tag with the leaf on it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card soo much! Your tree is beautiful, hope to have this set one day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, and your cat looks adorable squished into that tiny box! Maybe some new kind of feline pressure therapy??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, gorgeous card! I LOVE the effect on the tree. The colors were perfectly chosen too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week. It must be the same with kids, my little guy falls asleep in the most random places:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooooo much prettier than Sock Monkey :) Absolutely gorgeous fall card - I love this color combo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Rita! Love the colors and the layout, wonderful! Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous CAS card! I love the colors and those adorable little leaf tags. Love the pop that the Early Espresso ribbon adds. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you know what, Rita? I think we should do a card swap...and I think this should be your swap card...because I want it!! Eeek!! Love the colors and all of the detail in the leaves. Can you believe I am still procrastinating buying this set? Why? Ugh! Look at that sweet "kitty-in-a-box", too! I always crack up where I find mine taking a snooze. Too cute! Thanks so much for joining the Paper Players AND Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :) (Oh, and I agree with Linda above...this is much prettier then that Sock Monkey dude!)
    HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all....cute cat. I think sometimes I'd like to curl up in a box, too. LOL! Anyways, great card. Thumping...I've gotta try that, it looks so cool. And the embossed background adds a nice touch. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so rich looking! I love the colour combo you've done and the simple elegance of the card!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week, and we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a sweet kitty who looks like yours AND curls up like that, too! Is your cat a Savannah? (a hybrid cross between DSH and African Serval)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely as a tree is one of my all time favorite stamp sets. Gorgeous colors and textures on your card. Thanks for reminding me about thumping. Absolutely beautiful colored foliage on the tree. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    P.S. I too have a kitty that sleeps in the most uncomfortable places. TFS the kitty pic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)